lpc1100 lpc1102 lpc1104 lpc1111 lpc1112 lpc1113 lpc1114 lpc1115
The ARM® Cortex™-M0 processor is the smallest, lowest-power and most energy-efficient ARM processor available. The exceptionally small silicon area, low power, and minimal code footprint of the processor achieves 32-bit performance at an 8-bit price point, bypassing the step to 16-bit devices.
The Cortex-M0 processor promises substantial savings in system cost while retaining tool and binary compatibility with feature-rich processors such as the Cortex-M3 processor. It consumes as little as 85 microwatts/MHz (0.085 milliwatts) in an area of typically under 12K gates, enabling the creation of ultra low-power analog and mixed signal devices.
Key Features and Benefits
The ARM Cortex-M0 processor offers significant benefits to system and software developers:
- 32-bit performance in a 16-bit footprint resulting in more power efficiency and longer battery life, plus performance headroom for product enhancements
- Small size enables the processor and analog circuits to be implemented on single die
- Lower cost devices through a smaller processing core, system and memories
- Ultra-low power consumption and integrated sleep modes resulting in longer battery life
- Thumb® instruction set for maximum code density
- Fast interrupt handling for critical control applications
- Wake-up Interrupt Controller enables ultra-low leakage retention mode with instantaneous, fully-active mode for critical events
- Enhanced system debug for faster development
- 100% C-coding including interrupt handlers and boot code to ease system development; Zero assembler code required
- Wide application envelope encompassing ultra-low cost microcontrollers and analog mixed signal applications