The Debug Log (or Debug Messages Console View) is used by the debug driver to display additional information that may be helpful in debugging connections issues with your target.
To view the Debug Log:
- Switch to the Console View
- Using the toolbar within the Console View click on the drop-down arrow next to the "Display selected console" icon (it looks like a small monitor):
- From the drop-down list, select <projname> Debug Messages:
- The debug log will now be displayed:
Providing the Debug Log for Support purposes
Occasionally, to help identify a problem you have reported, the LPCXpresso IDE support team may ask you to provide the details of the Debug Log. To do this:
- Open the debug log up, as detailed above.
- Select the contents (e.g. Ctrl-A).
- Copy to the clipboard (e.g. Ctrl-C).
- Paste from clipboard into email / forum thread (e.g. Ctrl-V).
- If there is a large amount of text, then paste it into a text file, and attach that file.