NOTICE: This website will be shut down in the near future. Product content has moved to nxp.com. Forum content and FAQs have been moved to community.nxp.com. We encourage you to create a user account on nxp.com to use the new community forums and access NXP microcontroller content. We greatly appreciate your contributions and look forward to seeing you at our new web location.

ROM VCOM not working with Windows Virtualbox on LPC134x

1 reply [Last post]
mubes

Hi Folks,

Bit of a strange one, and looking to see if anyone else has seen this.

I am running Virtualbox 5.0.10 on an OSX El Capitain host with Windows7 image. My LPC1346-based board works perfectly well with OSX (Native), Windows7 (Native), Linux (Native) and Linux (Under Virtualbox) but doesn't work with Windows7 under virtualbox.

The device initialises, I can send my first data (serial) packet and I receive the first callback to my VCOM_bulk_in_hdlr...but after that the wheels seem to come off. No further data seems to reach the other end and I receive no further callbacks to VCOM_bulk_in_hdlr. Even if I try to 'pace' data sends via USBD_API->hw->WriteEP those data still don't arrive at 'doze.

I don't _need_ this thing to work with VirtualBox, but I don't like leaving problems like this in a system, 'cos they have a habit of coming back and biting you later, so I just wondered if anyone had seen anything similar? 80% sure its not a problem on the MCU side, but I'd like to be 100%, or closer than 80%, at least.

Regards

DAVE

Your rating: None

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
mubes

Hey, waddaya know....

Just after typing this I got a note about an upgrade to 10.0.14 of VirtualBox being available, so I downloaded and installed it. One of the notes in the changelog is Improvements to USB Support under El Capitain.

....and now it all works. Just got to remove a chunk of instrumentation from my code and I'm good to go Smile

Sorry for wasting electrons everyone!

DAVE

feedback